Jessica Mason grew up loving to tell stories, be it through writing or song, and obsessed with the power of imagination and art. In her undergraduate career she studied opera and music history at the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington. After college she turned her sights towards making a difference in the world and studied law at Lewis and Clark Northwest School of law in Portland, where she graduated cum laude in 2011. After running her own family law practice for a year, Jessica rediscovered her passion for fandom and writing. In 2014 she began work on "Fangirling!" and hasn't looked back since.
She lives with her wife, daughter and corgi, near Portland, Oregon. She is a voracious reader, and non-stop writer. Her favaorite fanndom is Supernatural; she enjoys Hannibal. Arrow, iZombie, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and The Phantom of the Opera and Hamilton as well.
JESSICA's WRITING AROUND THE WEB
- The Mary Sue
- Otaku Review - Otaku in Training
- The Collective
- The Fan Meta Reader
APPEARANCES AND PANELS
- Geek Girl Con, 2014: "'Queerbaiting' in Genre Television."
- Rose City Comic Con, 2014: "Fandom and Feminism."
- Rose Cirt Comic Con, 2015: "Supernatural Fandom Panel."
- Geek Girl Con, 2016: "It's Not Natural: The Female Fanbase of Supernatural"
- Rose City Comic Con, 2016: "Super is the New Natural Fan Panel."
- Emerld City Comic Con, 2017: "Squee! The Calenges and Rewards of Being a Fangirl"
- Salute to Supernatural - Seattle